Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Wine Journey Came to Me Part 2

In my last post I had posted about wine coming to my door via Wine Insiders.  I had purchased 4 bottles of wine for $15.00 which is a great deal!  In my last review, I reviewed the Maddalena Riesling from Monterey California.  Today's review is the Myth Chardonnay. This wine is another California wine and I must say a great find on Wine Insiders.  I must admit that my favorite wines are white, and  semi dry to a light sweet.  If you only like sweet wines, Wine Insiders may not be the place for you to order.  They specialize in dryer wines; however, with that being said I found this Chardonnay to be one of my all time favorites.  While some of the reviews I have seen about this wine have all stated that it is the quintessential summer wine, I would have to say that this wine is also very good on a brisk spring or fall day.  The Myth Chardonnay has a rich, smooth, and refreshing taste.

The Chardonnay grape makes an absolutely delicious wine which would explain why it is the most widely planted grape in the entire world. Chardonnay wine has become America's most popular selling white wine and boasts a very impressive range of flavors from smooth buttered oak overtones to sweet fresh fruit flavors. While the debate over which (if either) is better, many believe the very best Chardonnay wines are those with a smooth buttery taste. I found the Myth Chardonnay leaning more toward the sweet fresh taste but with a hint of the smooth buttery oak flavor. This Chardonnay is a great combination of the two and it create a nice flavor for any pallet. This Chardonnay pairs well with grilled seafood, chicken, and pasta dishes. It also pairs well with roasted chicken and pasta alfredo.




While this bottle of wine was only $3.20 it was a great bottle of wine, don't let the price fool you. If you live in an area where wine can be delivered to you, check out Wine Insiders and experience a variety of different wines from California. Sign up for their deals, because they do send you some great deals on wine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment